Hardware requirements for GRAFIS Version 10, 11 & 12
|Required hardware (*)||Advise for industrial use|
|PC with Intel Pentium or AMD Athlon;
min. 1 GHz
|typical business PC with Intel Pentium Core i5/i7 (2.8 GHz or faster)|
|(*)||16GB RAM or more|
|harddisk (min. 2GB free)(*)||SSD, 500GB disk space minimum|
|1 free USB port for connection of GRAFIS dongle||1 free USB port for connection of GRAFIS dongle|
|Graphics: no special requirements (standard graphics card or chipset graphics sufficient; minimum resolution 1024x768)||Graphics: no special requirements (standard graphics card or chipset graphics sufficient; minimum resolution 1024x768)|
|keyboard with 12 function keys, mouse||keyboard with 12 function keys, mouse|
|Windows 7/8.x/10||Windows 10|
|recommended: backup system (e.g. DVD-RW, blueray (BD), exchangeable or external drive, NAS)||backup solution with DVD-RW, blueray (BD), exchangeable disc or via network (NAS)|
|recommended: broadband internet connection (for updates and support)||broadband internet connection (for updates and support)|
|parallel and/or serial interfaces for connection of old plotters and digitizers (depends on configuration and demands)|
(*) the minimum requirements for CPU, graphics, memory and harddisk are widely the same as for Windows 7
- Printer with Windows driver e.g. HP Laserjet or similar for printing text and miniature patterns
- A0 plotter or larger with rollmedia for fast direct output of patterns during pattern development (see also our plotter offers). From GRAFIS Version 6 upward, all plotter with existing Windows drivers are supported. If no driver is available, please check if the plotter is HPGL or DMPL compatible. If yes, it can be controlled like a HPG-GL plotter.
- If required: Digitizer with 16-button cursor and Wintab driver, e.g. 1,20m x 0,90m active area
An alternative option is PFP Photo.
Additional notes for schools
- All PCs should be conneced via a local area network.
- use of an A4 printer for printing texts and scaled patterns via the network; one printer per room is sufficient if PCs are networked
- A0 ink jet plotter with paper roll and cutting facility for output of patterns in original size
- use of a projector with a minimum of 1024x768 resolution and high luminosity